- ½ pounds ground chuck
- ½ Tsp. salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp. reserved bacon fat2 Tbsp. reserved bacon fat
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 whole slices of bread
- 3 slices great quality cooked smoked bacon (optional)
- 2 slices medium cheddar cheese (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. grape jelly
- 2 cups Dakota Style Original Kettle Chips (Crushed)
- Gently form ground chuck into a ball. Season with half of the salt.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium to medium heat. Add the reserved bacon grease and let that come up to a light smoke.
- Add the ball of ground chuck, salt side down, and get it nice and hot. Cook it for about 3 minutes and let sit.
- During this time, spread the butter onto each of the bread slices and deep fry with Dakota Style Original Kettle Chips, peanut butter and jelly.
- After 3 minutes, use a large, sturdy burger spatula and smash the ball of beef. Cook for another minute or so, then sprinkle with the remaining salt, then flip. Cook for another few minutes until the other side is nice and browned, then top with the cooked bacon, and top that with the cheddar cheese. Lower the heat.
- Use the spatula to remove the burger from the skillet and lay in between the two deep-fried PB&J bread slices (bacon and cheese are optional) and gently push down.
This recipe was submitted by: Dakota Style