Shamrock Surprise Cookies
- 2 Tbsp. golden flaxseed (finely ground)
- 4 Tbsp. hot water
- 1/2 cup Dakota Style Roasted & Salted Sunflower Kernels (ground into butter)
- 6 medium dates (pitted)
- ½ cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ Tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup finely shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup raisins or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F (177° C).
- Whisk together ground flaxseed and water to make a slurry.
- Combine sunflower kernels, dates, and applesauce in a food processor. Process until smooth. Add the flax slurry, honey, vanilla, and vinegar and process for 15 seconds until combined.
- Add coconut, coconut flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Process for 10 seconds, until fully incorporated.
- Remove the blade and stir in raisins or chocolate chips by hand (optional).
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Gently flatten tops of cookies with damp fingers.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350° F (177° C). Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
FUN FACT: Cookies will turn green once cooled and will continue to get a deeper green after 2 hours.
This recipe was submitted by: Dakota Style