American Apple Pie
- 6 cups tart apples (sliced and peeled)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 ½ Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup Dakota Style Original Kettle Chips (Crushed)
- 1 9-inch pastry shell (unbaked)
- Preheat oven to 400° F (230° C).
- In bowl, combine apples, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, cheese and Dakota Style Original Kettle Chips; blend with pastry blender.
- Turn apple mixture into prepared crust; top evenly with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes at 400° F or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm.
This recipe was submitted by: Dakota Style